Saturday, September 17, 2011

Three Things Recipe Example

find this personal worship tool recipe at Beggar Sharing Bread


Friday, September 16, 2011 – Matthew 6

1.     Am I effectively ministering to my discipleship group
2.     How do I best use my time this day?
3.     Feeling overwhelmed for Scott and all that is on his plate
4.     Overwhelmed by how next year will be so different as T starts school

Lord, I’m once again blown away by how Your Word truly is “living and active.” My Journey curriculum work is from Matthew 6, but I love how You knew that it was exactly the words I needed to read today to feed my soul.

I don’t even know where to begin; there were so many verses that ministered to me. The key verse that I am walking away with today is verse 33 – “But seek (I need to actively look for, not just passively wait for) FIRST (before anything else), the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness (not my prideful self-righteousness), and ALL these things (everything I need, not just some) will be added to you.

I’m convicted that saying I’m feeling overwhelmed is just a polite way of saying I’m feeling worried. Yet 25-33 reminds me of your deep love for me and your promise to take care of me. When I worry, I am calling you a liar and not believing in your promises or trusting in your character. You do not lie. You WILL take care of me, and as Jesus taught, worry doesn’t accomplish anything. I am being anxious about the future with Tal’s school and Scott’s schedules with work and graduate school, but Jesus you have commanded me very clearly in verse 34 – “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” 

Forgive me, Lord, for my worry. And forgive me for how I will probably be worried about these same things all over again in the days to come. But thank you that Jesus you have already paid for ALL my sin, all my worry, past, present, and future. You love me, Father God, just as much as You love Your very own son, Jesus. You have freed me from the penalty of my sin; I can experience heaven and glory wit h You after I die – BUT you didn’t just come to save me upon my death, You also came to give me life and life to the full! You tell me not to worry, not because Your love for me is conditional upon rules and my obedience, but because You love me SO much, You want me to be set free and have true LIFE, not just in heaven, but on earth, too!

I love verses 8 and 32 – You know what I need; You know what I need before I even ask! You knew before You created me, exactly what I would need for this day  - Friday, September 16, 2011. If the creator and sustainer of the universe can speak this world into existence with just words, how much more are you able to take care of my life?! And not only are you able, you are desirous of it. You care for the birds of the air, but you say that I am of “more value than they” (verse 26). Thank You, God, for loving me perfectly and giving me this day. Lord, help me to walk in the power of Your Spirit today, laying aside the things that distract me from seeking Your kingdom first. There are only 24 hours in this day; please show me how to best use them to love You and to love others. May the truth that you have fed me with this morning sustain me throughout this day. Keep it fresh in my mind and heart, Holy Spirit. Thank you, Lord, for this precious time with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment